Rehoming a pet during Covid-19
We are committed to following government guidelines to keep our people, pets and customers safe, so we've adapted our rehoming process to enable us to continue rehoming pets. This new process is below.
- Have a look at our?pets currently looking for homes.
- You can look at the pet profiles and learn more about their needs and whether they are a good match for you.
- When you find a pet, you think is a good match, you can immediately start a rehoming application by clicking on 'Rehome me'
- The rehoming centre will review all?applications on a first-come, first-served basis
- We are experiencing high demand for each pet so please do keep looking if we haven’t contacted you after a few days.?
Meet the pet
- Each pet is different. We may host a virtual meet or invite you to our rehoming centre.? However we meet, we’ll talk you through everything beforehand so your get to know your new pet and understand the next steps.
Taking your pet home
- Each pet is different.? We may bring the pet to you or you may be asked to visit the centre to collect them.?
- However you decide to rehome we'll arrange payment of the fee by credit card or bank transfer. We cannot accept cash. The fees are listed below.
How much does it cost?
We ask you to pay a fee towards the cost of your pet’s care during their stay with us. The fees vary depending on the type of pet but here’s a guide to help:
- Dog, Puppy up to four?months: ￡200
- Kitten: ￡75 (six?months or under)
- Guinea pig:?￡25
- Other extra small: ￡5
After rehoming care
When you take your new pet home, that’s not the end of the journey for us. We offer ongoing advice for you and your pet, our Behaviour Services Team is here to help you.?We also have a pet advice section on our website which covers health, behaviour and care advice for different species.
Rehoming a horse
Our horses are rehomed on a loan agreement, which is a little bit different to rehoming another pet. Find out more about rehoming a horse.
What if I need to give up my pet?
We're able to accept?a limited number of admissions, so please contact us so we can advise how we can help you and your pet at this time.??We are now also able to accept pets for rehoming via our Home Direct scheme, where we rehome pets from their current home to a new home.
If you need to give up your horse, please email?[email protected]?and we’ll be in contact.